Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 9:25 PM
Welcome Guest

[ New forum posts · Members · Forum rules · Chat room · Text wall ]
Advanced Search

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Naotaa, Travel, SoCalHawtie  
Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » potential and strengthening scrolls (game changer D:)
potential and strengthening scrolls
motoDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-02, 0:18 AM | Message # 1
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
potential and strengthening scrolls

potential and strengthening scrolls are a new upgrade system added to kms this past spring. while the system hasn't been added to any other versions yet, it will most likely come soon enough as it seems to be an important upgrade to the game.

the scrolls change items as we all currently know it. adding a huge potential to players attack strength, with very easy access. there's very little risk with the new system to acquire godly items. I'll fill in the thread with more info to clarify how the scrolls work once i can find it. some details are sketchy atm as there isn't any full guides online in English.

potential scrolls

potential scrolls can be used on any normal equip. once using it your item will be tagged "Unidentified".

there are two potential scrolls you can use on any item:

1. A normal potential scroll (70% work rate, 100% chance of destroying the item if it fails).

potential scrolls (from what i could find) can be obtained from all enemies in game at certain drop rate or purchased in cash shop.

2. Advanced potential scroll (90% work rate, 100% chance of destroying the item if it fails).

advanced potential scrolls are available only from Zakum, Horntail and Pink Bean. they can also be acquired through cash shop (details below)

advanced potential scroll offers nothing more than a higher working rate.

Advanced potential scrolls can also be acquired through the cash shop quest, but not bought out right in cash shop. every time you purchase a miracle cube and use it, you will be left with a piece of the miracle cube.

for 5 of these pieces you can trade into the npc for a free normal potential scroll.
for 10 pieces you can trade into the npc for a free advanced potential scroll.

Note: from spadows blog: in kms miracle cubes cost 1,200 won and a bundle of 6 for 6,000 won. You will have to pay roughly $10 for an advanced potential scroll unless you can buy one in fm or acquire one from horntail/zakum/pink bean.

Note: some items can drop already marked "unidentified" and ready for a magnifying glass. I'm not sure yet if this can also happen with items made with maker.

After using and passing a potential scroll on your item, you are ready to identify your item. The game only requires the use of ONE potential scroll ever. once you work one, you work one for good and will not be asked to pass another.

Magnifying glasses

After working your potential scroll you will then use a magnifying glass on the item to identify the hidden potential of the item. There are different grades of magnifying glasses. ranging from low to high grade. magnifying glasses can be bought in game with meso, as many as you wish. each of these magnifying glasses will reveal 2 or 3 stats. no less, no more.

Using a magnifying glass, your item will be rated Rare/Epic or Unique.

after using the magnifying glasses you will receive random item attribute(s).

List of possible additions:
(credit to pride from southperry for translating this from insoya | not known if this is 100% correct)

Hats - Chance of showing an Emotion when hit (cash shop face effect), Stats, Stat %, Accuracy, Avoidability, W.DEF, M.DEF %, Chance of recovering HP/MP, Ignore monster's attack/damage.

Face accessory
- Stat %, Accuracy, Avoidability, W.DEF, M.DEF %, Recover HP/MP per second, Max HP/MP

Eye accessory
- Stat %, Accuracy, Avoidability, W.DEF, M.DEF %, Max HP/MP

Tops/bottoms/overalls - Stat %, Chance of Invincibility when hit, +1 ~2 of a skill, Chance of recovering HP/MP, W.DEF, M.DEF, Avoidablility, Accuracy %, Chance of Autosteal (No idea what this is though), +% of a potion, Reduction of a curse's duration (Seal, slow, etc.), Max HP/MP

Shoes - Stat %, W.DEF, M.DEF, Avoidability, Accuracy %, Chance of avoiding an attack, Max HP/MP

Gloves- Stat %, W.DEF, M.DEF, Avoidability, Accuracy %, Chance of recovering HP/MP when attacking, +% of a potion, Max HP/MP, Chance of Autosteal

Capes - Stat %, W.DEF, M. DEF, Chance of avoiding an attack, Max HP/MP, +1~2 of all skills

Earrings - Stat %, W.DEF, M.DEF, Avoidability, Accuracy %, Max HP/MP

Belts and rings- Stat %, W.DEF, M.DEF, Avoidability, Accuracy %, Max HP/MP

Weapons - Stat %, W.ATT, M.ATT, Total W.ATT %, Total damage %, M.ATT %, Ignore monster's W.DEF/M.DEF at a certain percentage, 20%~30% bonus damage when attacking a boss monster, Chance to recover HP/MP, All skills +1~2, Max HP/MP, Critical damage, Chance to freeze/poison/seal/slow/blind monster.

Potential stats will be listed at the bottom of the item, under a new line;

Potential stats do not stack with the items stats, the addition will stack with your characters (base) stats. making the % addition stats the most strongest and wanted. also meaning items such as apples could be factored into your overall attack, meaning 9% of your apple attack will be reflected back into your base attack (as apples aren't in kms, it'll be an unknown if they fix this before releasing to gms).

also because they affect your base stats, MW will play a large bonus in % gained as well.

the above weapon adds;
+9% W.ATT
+6% W.ATT
+9% W.ATT
==========
+24% w.att, using the weapon would reflect 24% of your characters weapon attack BACK to your base attack.

IE: if your bottom attack range is 1500, you would receive back 360 attack while using this wep. if your high end is 4000, you would get back 960. giving you a much higher range. the weapon beats out any other weapon the person could use unless they get more % (in this case, 3% more would be possible).

given how strong the addition of % driven attributes can be (and your ability to stack it on all items you wear); the highest potential % you can be given on an item depends on the items grade.

How % attributes are given on a item (this rating supposedly is differnt from what we have now; this is the rating the magnifying glass grades the item):

Rare items have a maximum % stat potential of 3%.
Therefore, total % of a rare item can have 3% + 3% + 3%.

Epic items have a maximum % stat potential of 6%.
Therefore, total % of an Epic item can have 6% + 6% + 6%.

Unique items have a maximum % stat potential of 9%.
Therefore, total % of a Unique item can have 9% + 9% + 9%.

Levels 1~30: Rare = 1%, Epic = 2%, Unique = 3%
Levels 31~70: Rare = 2%, Epic = 4%, Unique = 6%
Levels 71+: Rare = 3%, Epic = 6%, Unique = 9%

Miracle cubes

Miracle cubes are sold in cash shop. If you used a magnifying glass on an item and didn't receive your wanted stats, you can purchase and use a miracle cube on the item to erase the stats and take the item back to a "unidentified" state. allowing you to use another magnifying glass to achieve your desired stats. this can be repeated as many times as you wish (to my knowledge).

every miracle cube you use will also given you a piece of miracle cube (explained above); which allows you to acquire a free potential scroll.

Potential items (examples)

items:

equip additions with % items:

video

mage: shows stats and items after 50 second mark.
(1515 base magic +852 int @ lvl 131. items aren't too great, but has % magic attack and int items)

makes somewhat weak looking battle mages look very strong when you get the new items.

unconfirmed: i've read on some forums and insoya about % magic attack bonus being a multiplier (4x).
6% magic attack on a item would equal 6% of your chars magic attack x's four. so, 24% magic attack returned off one item stat bonus for mages @___@ a mage with a like weapon above (24% magic attack), would give 24% times 4 = 96%? LOL you would be at the cap... and imagine at lower levels...

credits:
insoya.com
spadows blog
southperry community

seems like a great addition to make everyone strong. also kinda kills the whole "godly" image many maplers have which might be a good thing for the community. though this really favors nx users (henny hoes), which could turn out negative.

you might have very godly scrolled items but anyone can now acquire % items that are much stronger than many godly items using regular scrolls. you would be better off buying godly % based items and average scrolling them vs extending yourself for godly scrolled items.

this will also make godly people unload all their meso; imagine having perfect gear only to potentially break it using the scroll (lol). how much nx you may have to spend to get the best %'s possible.

given how strong % based item bonuses can be though, will it really matter how godly your regular items stats are? their punny in comparison to the potential bonuses. it really makes me question if its better to downgrade now and sell super godly items while their worth a lot of meso.

Attachments: 0803116.png (23.4 Kb) · 2882709.png (22.4 Kb) · 8240424.png (1.3 Kb) · 1735587.png (26.1 Kb) · 6350794.png (1.5 Kb)

Read the directions, and directly you'll be directed in the right direction.

motoDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-02, 0:23 AM | Message # 2
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Awards: 11
Strengthening scroll

additional scrolling possibility to maxed out items. no slots can exist on an item to use the scroll (no details on how this works with hammers). not as strong as potential scrolls but still nice. very risky though.

the stat addition works somewhat like chaos scrolls. Random additions to stats on the item (to the direct item only), in this case they only add stats only (attack/magic attack/str/dex/luk/int/def and etc). the scroll can add stats that weren't on the item originally.

the scrolls come in two forms:

Normal strengthening scroll

can be found in cash shop and from all enemies in game (not confirmed, may be boss only).

Advanced strengthening scroll

features increased working %'s and two additional possible rankings (9th and 10th).

1st scroll: 100%
2nd scroll: 90%
3rd scroll: 80%
4th scroll: 70%
5th scroll: 60%
6th scroll: 50%
7th scroll: 40%
8th scroll: 30%
9th scroll: 20%
10th scroll: 10%

im currently unsure of how you acquire the advanced scroll. (boss only/quest?)

after each success a star is added and the rate of success decreases, your item can go beyond 10 stars in grading. If the scroll fails, it will (100%) destroy your item. the more you enhance and move higher up the scale, the better the additions will be.

Examples of enhanced items

19 STR and 6 DEX.
Weapon Attack: +141
Physical Defense: +2
Accuracy: +45

2 STR, 6 DEX and 5 LUK.
+117 Weapon Attack
20 Accuracy and 20 Avoidability.

27 STR, 4 DEX
+192 weapon attack
9 accuracy

this kinda seems like a cheap (nx whore) way to make people stronger, see how ballsy you can be given the 100% break rate if you fail a scroll. final cash out by nexon? this is about as strong as you can make people for nx. its already pushing private server territory.

these seem to balance things out to make damage whores happy. given that anyone can now acquire pretty godly items with nx; stat obsessed people can push their luck for additional item stats. given the risk, you would have to be a pretty big damage hoe to care about the additional stats you could get after you hit 70% and under working rates.

with these two scrolls + hammers + vega scrolls + 50% scrolls + white scrolls... it kinda makes having good items feel a bit cheap... @___@ they've also just increased the leveling speed of people under lvl 100 insanely, while this helps with bossing for high levels... it does nothing as far as training unless we get pretty strong mobs. which will have to be the case given you'll see a lot of low levels at high level maps with these items.

Attachments: 4115377.png (40.3 Kb) · 8770516.png (84.4 Kb) · 2398673.png (49.4 Kb) · 2102536.png (60.6 Kb) · 5943120.png (179.8 Kb)

Read the directions, and directly you'll be directed in the right direction.

MikkoDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-02, 5:12 AM | Message # 3
Bitch!
Group: Forsaken
Awards: 3
Holy mother of god. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that crap anymore ^^

<- The most awesome goal ever. Thank you Granlund <3 Finland - world ice hockey champion 2011

forsakenguildDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-02, 7:45 PM | Message # 4
Ban hammer
Awards: 0
Quote (xXscybeX)
Holy mother of god. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that crap anymore ^^

well, if you come back to play maple xD cheap, godly gear? =P will be nice for some people i assume.

TravelDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-02, 7:57 PM | Message # 5
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Group: Forsaken+
Awards: 9
ty motobff for making my day brighter

MikkoDate: Thursday, 2010-06-03, 3:45 AM | Message # 6
Bitch!
Quote (forsakenguild)
well, if you come back to play maple xD cheap, godly gear? =P will be nice for some people i assume.

Yeah, but what's the point if you can 1hit every non-boss monster in the game? :/ It's not fun anymore.

<- The most awesome goal ever. Thank you Granlund <3 Finland - world ice hockey champion 2011

forsakenguildDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 1:12 AM | Message # 7
Ban hammer
Quote (xXscybeX)
Yeah, but what's the point if you can 1hit every non-boss monster in the game? :/ It's not fun anymore.

i agree, the game is getting lame...

i think these will be very interesting in bellocan though. atm, many of the higher levels in bello who boss (anego/bf) define who is able to kill the boss and who isnt. which has lead to all the drama we have in server with ksing.

with these weps, level wont matter AS much. they give a huge power boost to lower levels. most of the issues bellocan bossers run into are lower levels who dont boss very often but when they do are deemed too weak/not proper level (unable to pin).

many of them are henny/nx hoes. well, these scrolls are easy access for anyone with money/nx to spend. if you have the nx you are 100% guaranteed to get godly gear. this is such a huge change vs items in maple now. its better than "perfect" items people spend billions on. given how small the actual addition is from scrolls in maple; working 2 or 3 better scrolls is considered a large stat difference in items. that wont be true anymore with % attribute items.

in maple now... most jobs are strong in the beginning, allowing you to level fast. mid level (mid 2nd job+) you slow down due to weaker skills and stronger enemies. exp slows. these items power up players so much though... you'll be seeing these low levels jam higher level training maps.

it'll change the game. that or high levels will move the goal post in the server; "you must be lvl 150+ and able to hit xx damage to keep the big foot", which means popular bosses could become much more problematic. in the end though, bosses in maple were never designed to be TRAINED on. bellocan being a small server, allows people to do it.

from someone who plays a mage, its insane that with just "average/good" % items a 13x can do a lvl 200 mage with godly items. IMO its game breaking, but if maple 2 is coming... nexon taking maplestory to the max with cash shop seems fair.

given how much control such a small group of active/strong high levels in this server control maps/bossing...
... it'll be really interesting lol

MikkoDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 4:39 AM | Message # 8
Bitch!
Yeah :P Interesting indeed. I'll keep my character old school, in honour of the old maple :) But what about mages? If you'll be able to hit max dmg (99k? did they change it?) at lvl 13x... I just don't see the point in this <_< Except yeah, money :D

TriffyDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 3:08 PM | Message # 9
Squirrel AIDS!
Awards: 7
boooooring.

FaymisDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 4:09 PM | Message # 10
Pimp
This game just gets more f'd up by the week!
I totally understand that nexon is a business and has to make money etc... but jeez its just all money now.
I always wanted to be godly and be "the best" now it isnt as important too me anyone seeing as there is no skill involved.
Unless you merch everything for NX to become godly... then thats an achievement ( i dont want to spend hours running around the FM anymore ).

FaymisDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 4:13 PM | Message # 11
Pimp
btw stole this and put up on honour forum

AtobeDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 0:34 AM | Message # 12
a very sexy canadian~
haha bossing... anego takes 1min... 20mins and all the anegos are dead... then we play the waiting game biggrin haha

FaymisDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 11:03 AM | Message # 13
Pimp
20 second BF's D:

RetraceableDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 2:32 PM | Message # 14
Zakum
30second anego D:

Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » potential and strengthening scrolls (game changer D:)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: