Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 2:41 AM
Welcome Guest

[ New forum posts · Members · Forum rules · Chat room · Text wall ]
Advanced Search

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Naotaa, Travel, SoCalHawtie  
Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » Windows 7 free (for students) (fyi :3)
Windows 7 free (for students)
motoDate: Friday, 2009-10-09, 11:03 PM | Message # 1
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
How to get it
1. Search for your school here
2. Click View Software Centre
3. Click Login and if it uses your school login system, use that. If it uses something else, click support and contact your MSDNAA administrator.
4. Checkout, grab the CD Key, and either downloard the ISO or order a DVD

MSDNAA is typically only available to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Departments. Some schools also have it for Visual, Illustration, Design and Art Departments. Just about every Computer Science department should make it available to students. If your school is a part of MSDNAA but your department isn't, and it falls under one of those categories, you could e-mail someone you think could help. I did that and my program should be getting MSDNAA access soon =)

To qualify, you need to be in one of those majors or taking a class in it.

This is the full RTM version. Not the release candidate.

Get the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit processor (Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, i7, Athlon 64, Phenom, Phenom II). Get the 32-bit version if you are not. The CD Keys for each version should be interchangeable.

Not every school has it up on the site yet. E-mail your program administrator if it's not up yet or just wait for it.

Important: They used to have the Release Candidate (Build 7100) there too. You want the RTM version (Build 7600 I believe). RTM should be Windows 7 Professional Edition. RC was Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

Don't qualify but are a student? You can buy it for $29.99 here: http://www.win741.com/ (its windows 7 home premium btw)

Read the directions, and directly you'll be directed in the right direction.

Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » Windows 7 free (for students) (fyi :3)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: