Friday, 2024-03-29, 5:03 AM
Welcome Guest

[ New forum posts · Members · Forum rules · Chat room · Text wall ]
Advanced Search

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Naotaa, Travel, SoCalHawtie  
Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » Q/A: maple updates in 2010
Q/A: maple updates in 2010
motoDate: Sunday, 2009-12-13, 9:05 AM | Message # 1
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
http://www.insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=bbs21&no=150404

short interview that a kms player won; to interview nexon.

short translation if you cant understand google engrish <_<

Korean Maplestory Future Plans

1. Archmage, Shadower, and Paladin skills improved or changed by March 2010.

2. After fixing these skills, another big patch with new places for levels 100+ to train.

3. Windowed mode is being developed for KMS.

4. They won't decrease Pink Bean's HP or change anything regarding the battle.

5. They are doing their best to stop bots.

6. Reason why they fixed the exp distribution : "If you don't train yourself to get EXP, there is no sense of reward in that. We don't intend to change this."

Q. An Aran player recently achieved level 200. What do you think about going back to change Adventurers?
A. When making Aran, we knew that we would eventually have to go back and change Adventurers. The concept of Aran itself was to have a slow early growth compensated by a stronger end game.

Q. When are Adventurers going to get stronger or rebalanced skills?
A: Patches for skill balancing are planned for January

Q: If you improve Adventurers, are you planning on improving other classes?
A: I'm sure everyone's thinking about archmages getting a skill rebalance or improvement. This might be addressed in the previously mentioned balancing patch. After seeing Archmages play in the actual game, I was thinking about modifying the Magic Damage formula, but this has yet to be seen.

Q. Are you planning on addressing Archmage and Bishop ultimates?
A. We were thinking about making a change to the ultimates sometime this month, but why change the formula when the original problem remains untouched? So it might be better this time around to change the skills directly rather than release items which boost or add damage. This is a hard question to answer as it is troublesome.

Q. I'm a 23-year-old and I currently have a Bishop planning on leveling to 200 in Mardia. Why isn't there more content for higher leveled players?
A. We agree. We had a problem here too - do we address Archmages first or do we address higher leveled content first? So we have to decide which is the best option to patch first. If class balancing needs to be done quickly, then we'll do it first. So far, we believe we have up to level 100 handled quite nicely as of now, so maybe as soon as March we'll have another ultra big patch for higher leveled players.

Q. When is windowed mode coming out?
A. This has been a common complaint. I know that many of you have used windowed mode. But on our side, we had a problem. We can't know when screen mode is set or disabled by default on the server, so we're having a problem dealing with screen resolutions. We have had other problems as well, such as continuing to deploy only for Windows XP when many of our users have moved on to other operating systems. These problems will be addressed in due time, most likely by Summer.

Q. Why keep making new servers? And why cant Cygnus, Adventurers, Aran all share cash items together?
A. When we patched Pirates into the game, we didn't make much money on it, and there weren't enough users playing Maplestory to compensate our cost of creating a whole new class. We wanted to recoup this cost with Cygnus Knights. Even if we could share items, we would only want to have Cygnus Knights share with Adventurers.

Q. I'm currently raising a shadower. Meso Explosion makes me want to play a Shadower less since it's not as powerful as the other classes.
A. This job really needs alterations, like Archmages and Paladins. The bandit class is going to be changed a lot in future patches. The planned patch that will be released soon will have something to do with balancing this class with others. After finishing the class balancing, we will then release higher level content.

--------------------------------------

ult nerf = byebye motomage T___T powered up cl and ifrit = still useless! ult nerf = bishops wha? who would want to grind with angel ray and the summon... if they change ults they really need to redo the skills mages get in 4th job or its useless.

why do i always lose and tranny and dd always win

Read the directions, and directly you'll be directed in the right direction.

FaymisDate: Sunday, 2009-12-13, 10:40 PM | Message # 2
Pimp
Group: Forsaken+
Awards: 9
Oh fk shads get better D:<

Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » Q/A: maple updates in 2010
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: