Friday, 2024-04-19, 6:35 AM
Welcome Guest

[ New forum posts · Members · Forum rules · Chat room · Text wall ]
Advanced Search

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Naotaa, Travel, SoCalHawtie  
Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » People Getting Hacked?
People Getting Hacked?
NickGoesWildDate: Monday, 2010-01-18, 11:54 PM | Message # 1
Horntail
Group: Forsaken
Awards: 0
Hey smile .. Uhm , I see alot of rumours says that nexon database has been hacked and wondering if that is accually true?

Anyone know if there's anything to do to avoid the hackers?
I cannot change my password since idk the thnigs u need to do it..

/ Nick.

motoDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 3:32 AM | Message # 2
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
most i can recommend is changing your pin often to make cracking it more difficult;

overall though; just be smart about your account info. if someone has a little bit of info on you; they could potentially hack you. just be careful.

other than that i wouldn't stress. if some huge event does happen with the game, many of us will be screwed n___n no point in worrying about such potential situations.

Read the directions, and directly you'll be directed in the right direction.

MikkoDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 7:26 AM | Message # 3
Bitch!
Group: Forsaken
Awards: 3
There are rumors about a information leak on a Nexon's server, meaning that hackers have gotten through the security and obtained information considering players' accounts (acc names, pins, passwords).

<- The most awesome goal ever. Thank you Granlund <3 Finland - world ice hockey champion 2011

FaymisDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 3:17 PM | Message # 4
Pimp
Group: Forsaken+
Awards: 9
Change all the info you can and do it a lot and hope you wont get hacked!

motoDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-26, 9:55 AM | Message # 5
nexon is finally posting on the forums about all this;

first post denied anything has happened;

We feel at this time not to make an official notice due to the nature of the issue. I can assure you it is not something on our end. We are not ignoring it or covering it up, but broadcasting the isolated issue to players who were unaffected or will not be affected could make the situation worst. We understand there was a period of "hacking" occurrences but there are also isolated incidents. To differentiate, I strongly encourage all players who were "hacked" to submit a ticket. Thank you.

later an odd post that seems to be a small admission to something?

Thank you. You are the sunshine in my grey sky.

I know this issue is hard for many players and, hey, it's not easy for us too. Let's get through it together.

i was looking around the meso sites today and found something fairly unusual for most of the large ones; they now have a lot of items for sale >____>

all of this reminded of an odd warning posted on the nexon forums 2 months ago;

Due to security concerns regarding the use of meta tags within image files, we've taken a proactive measure to disable all uploaded images from showing on our forums, this includes image uploads, and avatars. We regret taking this measure, but because of the use of javascript within image meta tag being an increasing activity among hackers, we've taken this measure until we can verify that it poses no threat to our players. We thank you for your patience.

The Nexon team

it is a bit odd how people who talk on forums actively have been a huge target for the recent outbreak. specifically people trying to calm down users or post that they don't believe there is a leak at nexon.

personally; im being less active on forums... i haven't been logging in or posting except on guildhonour and here.

TO BE SAFE; this may be a good time for people to disable javascript on their browser/and or (if you dont want to be that extreme) if you use chrome/firefox get the addon "noscirpt" to block unwanted code from accessing your browser.

overall; im the most leery about using southperry for now.

on southperry people have been making direct comments that they want to be hacked/defying that anything really is going on... only to be hacked after making such comments. A fairly large group of southperrys most active users have just also happened to be hacked in game. How/why is this?

Why is it when this news spread from southperry to sleepwood and basil that we didn't see an outbreak of large amounts of forum users over there being hacked.

looking back to when this all started; it was on southperry. it began with southperry users being hacked in game. i changed my southperry info soon after wards knowing what had happened on the guildhonour forums not long ago.

awhile before this i remember southperry was having issues with its site while moving to the new v bulletin system. it took about a week for the forum to be fixed up. soon after this is when all the problems with accounts began.

For me it raises the question of the sites security or possible issues with v bulletin 4.0...

overall im really suspicious of that forum; much less all forums at the current time being. given what little information you need to hack a maplestory account; a forum could be a gold mine.

I know for ours i've taken the time to try and keep any private information hidden or only accessible to fellow guild members. I hope that everyone who uses this forum can trust me with their information and that i wouldn't do anything with it. But you cant say the same for people you dont know... and we dont really know the people who run/operate southperry.

IMO sleepywood and basil have proven themselves to be trusthworthy sites. i still have a very open opinion when it comes to southperry, esp given what has happend recently. while i have no proof it was something on southperry; the events that did occur are too strange to ignore.

FaymisDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-26, 2:58 PM | Message # 6
Pimp
Group: Forsaken+
Awards: 9
Thanks for that info Moto.
Ill note not to go there anymore.

RoyYoSoyDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 10:35 PM | Message # 7
Pink Zakum
Group: Users
Awards: 0
*Cries* i shoulda read this sooner. My bishop account was hacked last week and im still trying to figure out how. Mostly i am concerned with keeping my other accounts safe rite now.

Just say no to Hack.

Ingrid Power!!

RelaxingsDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 7:48 AM | Message # 8
Group: Removed

People are still getting hacked, it just seems that people are getting accustomed to the fact that all of this is going on. The community has come to accept it. To me, it shows that people are giving up. I just get the kind of vibe that screams, "I dun care anymore, if I get hacked I quit." I really do hope you all are taking very good care of your accounts if you don't want to get hacked. I don't want to see any of you get hacked, as I've already seen many and some are friends of mine. I'd also say to take extra precaution, even with the new PIC's log ins, continue to change your account information/password/pic's for the time being.

motoDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 9:37 AM | Message # 9
at least with the new PIC login it would be much more difficult to hack someone.

even if you got into the account; if you set a good password for each character on the account the person needs to spend the time to break each one. lets say they break one password and get access to one character. you'd most likely know your account had been broken into before the person was able to break the password for your other characters.

if anything, it will really help and make it much harder for someone to just wipe your account in one easy go.

making a pass code thats up to 16 spaces, esp with numbers and random capital letters isn't easy to break. luckily this wont be like login ID's and passwords which you could acquire through the site.

Forsaken Forum » General convo » General Discussion » People Getting Hacked?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: